Why Choose ICL
20+ Years of Experience
97% Approval Rate
200+ Google Reviews
Skilled Migrant Category Visa (New Zealand)
The Skilled Migrant Category Visa in New Zealand is a sought-after immigration pathway for individuals who possess the skills, qualifications, and experience that are in demand in the country. This visa offers the opportunity to obtain residency in New Zealand, providing a pathway for skilled professionals and their families to make a long-term commitment to living and working in this beautiful nation.
- Residency Pathway: The Skilled Migrant Category Visa serves as a direct pathway to New Zealand residency. Unlike temporary visas, it grants immediate residency status to the visa holder upon approval.
- Rights and Benefits: Visa holders enjoy the same rights as permanent residents, including the ability to work, live, and study in New Zealand without restrictions.
- Family Inclusion: Applicants have the option to include their spouse or partner and dependent children in their visa application, allowing the entire family to embark on this journey to residency.
- NZ Immigration Cost: Starts from NZD 4290
- Length of Stay – Indefinite
- Age – 55 years & under
Note – Cost, length of stay and age eligibility entirely depend on the NZ Immigration and can change based on government decisions.
What is the Application Process for Essential Skills Work Visa (New Zealand)?
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Submit an EOI through the Immigration New Zealand website. Include details about your qualifications, work experience, and other relevant information.
Invitation to Apply
If your EOI is selected from the pool, you will receive an Invitation to Apply for the visa.
Gather all required documents, including proof of qualifications, work experience, English language proficiency, health assessments, and character certificates.
Visa Application Submission
Submit your visa application, including all necessary documentation, to Immigration New Zealand.
Immigration New Zealand will review your application, which may include additional information requests or an interview.
Wait for the decision from Immigration New Zealand. If your application is approved, you will receive a Skilled Migrant Category Visa, granting you residency in New Zealand.
If you’re considering applying for a Skilled Migrant Category Visa (New Zealand), get in touch with one of our friendly consultants via email (email@example.com) or call us at 09 369 1681 or 021 039 1964 today. Let us help you make your dream of living in New Zealand a reality!
Process for Essential Skilled Migrant Category Visa at ICL Immigration (New Zealand)
At ICL Immigration, we understand that the Skilled Migrant Category Visa application process can be complex. Our team of experienced immigration consultants is here to guide you through each step to ensure a successful outcome. Here is a detailed overview of how we can assist you in your journey to obtaining a Skilled Migrant Category Visa in New Zealand:
- Engage in an in-depth consultation with ICL's immigration experts to assess your eligibility for the Skilled Migrant Category Visa specific to New Zealand's requirements.
- During this consultation, we will evaluate your qualifications, work experience, and other factors to determine your suitability for the visa.
- Upon confirmation of your eligibility and the decision to proceed, you will sign a comprehensive service agreement with ICL.
- This agreement outlines the services ICL will provide and your responsibilities during the application process, ensuring complete transparency.
- Work closely with ICL's team to compile and review all necessary documents required for your Skilled Migrant Category Visa application.
- We will provide expert guidance to ensure that your documentation is in full compliance with New Zealand's immigration policies and requirements.
- ICL will take care of the submission of your visa application on your behalf to Immigration New Zealand.
- Our team ensures that all information is accurate, complete, and submitted within the specified timelines, minimizing the risk of processing delays.
- In the event that Immigration New Zealand assigns a case officer to your application, ICL will act as the intermediary.
- We will liaise with the assigned case officer to address any queries, provide requested additional information promptly, and facilitate clear communication throughout the process.
- While your application is under review by Immigration New Zealand, ICL will keep you informed of the status.
- Our experts will provide ongoing support and assistance, ensuring you are well-prepared for the next steps in your immigration journey.
Upon receiving approval for your Skilled Migrant Category Visa, ICL will guide you through the next essential steps, including post-approval requirements, planning your relocation to New Zealand, and settling into your new life in the country.
ICL Success Stories
The SMC Visa is a New Zealand immigration pathway designed for skilled professionals who wish to become permanent residents in the country.
Unlike temporary visas, the SMC Visa offers immediate permanent residency, allowing visa holders to live, work, and study in New Zealand indefinitely.
Eligibility is determined by factors such as age, skills, qualifications, work experience, English language proficiency, health, and character.
Points are awarded based on factors like age, work experience, qualifications, job offers, and more. The more points you have, the higher your chances of being selected.
Yes, applicants must be under 56 years of age to be eligible for the SMC Visa.
Qualifications from recognized institutions and fields in demand in New Zealand are generally accepted.
Applicants should have relevant work experience in occupations listed on New Zealand's Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) or Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL).
You must meet specific English language requirements, either through recognized English language tests or by having studied and worked in an English-speaking country.
Yes, health assessments are mandatory. You must undergo medical examinations to meet New Zealand's health standards.
Applicants must provide police clearance certificates to demonstrate good character.
Yes, you can usually include your spouse or partner and dependent children in your application.
You can submit an EOI through the Immigration New Zealand website, outlining your qualifications and skills.
If your EOI is selected, you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the SMC Visa.
Necessary documents include proof of qualifications, work experience, English language proficiency, health assessments, and character certificates.
Processing times vary based on individual applications and Immigration New Zealand's workload. It's advisable to consult the latest information for estimates.
In some cases, an interview may be required as part of the application process.
Yes, the SMC Visa allows you to live and work in New Zealand as a permanent resident.
ICL Immigration provides comprehensive support, including eligibility assessments, document preparation, application submission, and liaison with Immigration New Zealand.
If declined, you will receive a detailed explanation. ICL Immigration can assist in understanding the reasons and exploring alternative immigration options.
Yes, ICL Immigration is committed to keeping you updated on the progress of your application and ensuring a smooth immigration journey to New Zealand.
Navigating the Skilled Migrant Category Visa process in New Zealand can be complex, but with the right guidance and support, you can make your dream of becoming a permanent resident a reality. Stay informed, meet the requirements, and explore your options with confidenc.
Disclaimer: The information provided is subject to change based on New Zealand government policies. For the most current information, please refer to Immigration New Zealand or contact ICL Immigration for updated guidance.