Why Choose ICL
20+ Years of Experience
97% Approval Rate
200+ Google Reviews
The Parent Retirement Resident Visa is a unique opportunity for parents of New Zealand citizens or residents to join their families in New Zealand under a retirement visa scheme. This visa category is designed for those who wish to spend their retirement years in close proximity to their children while enjoying the peace and natural beauty of New Zealand.
Purpose: This visa provides an avenue for parents to live in New Zealand during their retirement years. It’s aimed at ensuring that parents can enjoy their later years with the support of their family, in a country known for its quality of life and natural beauty.
- Family Reunion: Enables parents to join their children and families in New Zealand.
- Quality of Life: New Zealand offers a high standard of living, excellent healthcare, and a safe environment.
- Access to Healthcare and Services: Eligibility for health services and various senior citizen benefits.
- Cultural and Recreational Activities: Abundant opportunities to engage in cultural and recreational activities suited for retirees.
Criteria for Parent Retirement Resident Visa
- Parent of a New Zealand Citizen or Resident: Must have a child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident.
- Investment in New Zealand: A required investment in New Zealand for a specified period.
- Income Requirements: A minimum annual income threshold must be met.
- Health and Character: Compliance with health and character standards.
- Proof of Relationship: Documents confirming the relationship with the New Zealand resident child.
- Financial Evidence: Proof of the required investment and income sources.
- Health Assessments: Comprehensive medical assessments.
- Character Verification: Police certificates or other character-verifying documents.
- Living Arrangements: Planning for suitable accommodation in New Zealand.
- Financial Planning: Ensuring sustainable financial resources for the duration of the stay.
If you’re considering applying for a Parent Retirement Resident Visa (New Zealand), get in touch with one of our friendly consultants via email (email@example.com) or call us at 09 369 1681 or 021 039 1964 today. Let us help you make your dream of living in New Zealand a reality!
Application Process at ICL Immigration (New Zealand)
Discuss eligibility and visa requirements with ICL's expert team.
Formalize engagement with ICL for comprehensive visa process support.
ICL helps in preparing and compiling all necessary documents.
ICL professionally submits the application to Immigration New Zealand.
ICL provides regular updates and maintains communication regarding the visa application status.
Receive guidance from ICL on the next steps following visa approval or advice in case of a decline.
Assistance from ICL in settling into New Zealand, including advice on housing, healthcare, and community integration.
ICL Success Stories
It's a visa allowing parents of New Zealand citizens or residents to retire and live in New Zealand.
Applicants must invest a significant amount in New Zealand and prove a stable annual income.
Yes, a partner can be included in the application.
Investments typically include those that contribute to New Zealand’s economy, like government bonds or eligible New Zealand companies.
Yes, there is a specified minimum income level that applicants must meet to qualify.
After the investment period, you may have options to withdraw or continue your investment, depending on the visa conditions and New Zealand’s immigration policies.
This visa can be a step towards permanent residency, subject to meeting certain conditions.
You will have access to public healthcare services, though specifics depend on your visa conditions.
Yes, but there are regulations regarding foreign property ownership that must be followed.
There are no specific age restrictions, but applicants must be at retirement age as per their country's standards.
The Parent Retirement Resident Visa typically allows you to stay in New Zealand indefinitely, subject to meeting ongoing visa conditions and investment requirements.
Yes, you can travel outside New Zealand and return, but you must adhere to the travel conditions specified on your visa.
After fulfilling the investment period, you may have the option to withdraw or reinvest your funds, depending on your circumstances and New Zealand’s immigration policies at that time.
While New Zealand offers public healthcare, it's advisable for visa holders to have comprehensive health insurance, especially for services not covered by the public system.
The processing time depends on various factors, including the completeness of your application and Immigration New Zealand’s workload. Expedited processing is not typically available, but ensuring your application is thorough and accurate can prevent delays.
Holding a Parent Retirement Resident Visa may eventually lead to permanent residency, and subsequently, you may become eligible to apply for New Zealand citizenship, subject to meeting all the necessary criteria.
Disclaimer: The information provided is subject to change based on New Zealand government policies. For the most current information, please refer to Immigration New Zealand or contact ICL Immigration for updated guidance.