The Power of the Accredited Employer Work Visa Program for Small Businesses in New Zealand
New Zealand’s Accredited Employer Work Visa Program offers significant advantages for small businesses seeking to recruit skilled overseas talent. By becoming an accredited employer, your business gains access to a more extensive talent pool and streamlined visa processes, enabling you to hire the skilled employees you need to thrive. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of the Accredited Employer Work Visa Program and how it can boost your small business growth in New Zealand.
What is the Accredited Employer Work Visa Program?
The Accredited Employer Work Visa Program is designed to help New Zealand employers recruit skilled overseas workers when there is a shortage of local talent. Employers who gain accreditation demonstrate their commitment to good employment practices and the well-being of migrant workers. Once accredited, employers can offer jobs to overseas workers, who can then apply for a work visa under the program.
Benefits of the Accredited Employer Work Visa Program for Small Businesses
Access to Skilled Talent: The program allows you to tap into a global talent pool, helping you find the skilled employees necessary for your business’s success, particularly in industries facing local skill shortages.
Streamlined Visa Process: As an accredited employer, you’ll benefit from a streamlined work visa application process for overseas workers, reducing processing times and administrative burdens.
Enhanced Employer Reputation: Gaining accreditation demonstrates your commitment to fair employment practices and the welfare of your workers, improving your business’s reputation and making it more attractive to potential employees.
Increased Retention Rates: By offering overseas employees the opportunity to work in New Zealand under the program, you can improve employee retention rates and reduce the costs associated with employee turnover.
Pathway to Residency: The program can provide a pathway to residency for overseas workers, making your business more appealing to skilled professionals looking to build long-term careers in New Zealand.
How to Become an Accredited Employer
To become an accredited employer, your business must:
- Prove a genuine need to recruit skilled overseas workers
- Demonstrate a commitment to training and employing New Zealanders
- Have sound financial and business practices
- Meet good employer practices, including providing a safe and healthy work environment, paying market rates, and adhering to employment laws
- Pay a minimum base salary of NZD $79,560 per year to overseas employees hired under the program
- To apply for accreditation, complete the Employer Accreditation Application form and submit it to Immigration New Zealand (INZ) along with the required supporting documentation and application fee.
Tips for Maximizing the Benefits of the Program
- Develop a Strategic Recruitment Plan: Identify the skills your business needs and create a targeted recruitment plan to attract skilled overseas talent.
- Offer Competitive Compensation Packages: Ensure that your compensation packages are competitive to attract top talent and meet the minimum salary requirements for the program.
- Foster a Supportive Work Environment: Create a welcoming and inclusive work environment to help overseas employees feel comfortable and supported in their